Feb 12, 2007

Veg Hakka Noodles and a meme

Weekend lunches usually consists of simple pulav, sandwiches, omlettes, or anything that takes less time. We are too busy watching movies and try to make something that is easy to make. Anyways, this weekend was a bit different. I made Veg Hakka Noodles. Again, a very simple dish, that tastes divine, nontheless.

My love for the Chinese food stems from my love for anything that has lots of colors in it. I love the green, saffron, white colors of all the veggies. Here's the recipe:

Veg Hakka Noodles




Ingredients:
1. One pack of Hakka noodles
2. One cup of shredded cabbage
3. One cup of thinly sliced green capsicum
4. Half cup of cut carrots
5. Half cup of cut spring onions
6. Half cup of thinly sliced onions
7. 1/2 tsp ginger paste
8. 1/2 tsp garlic paste
9. 2 tbsp soya sauce
10.1 tbsp red chilly sauce
11.1 tsp vinegar
12. Salt and pepper to taste

Method:
1. Boil water. Add noodles to water and boil them for 2 minutes.
2. Drain water from the noodles. Add 1 tsp oil to the noodles and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan.
4. Add carrots, cabbage, capsicum one after the other and let them cook.
5. Add onions, ginger, garlic and fry for some time.
6. Add salt, pepper, spring onions and keep stirring. Now, add all the sauces.
7. Add the noodles and mix all the ingredients.

Following the meme from Nupur. Five things that you don't know about me:

1. I can finish a whole bag of chips in no time:-)
2. I cannot cut my nails using a nail cutter. Either, I use a scissor, or worse a wire cutter.
3. I have a good sense of direction. I never forget a place once I have visited it.
4. I have this irritating habit of placing leftover onions beside the apple. My husband frowns upon this habit and I get a shouting atleast twice a week.
5. And now, something positive. I am a lazy person, but once I decide to do something, nothing can stop me!!!

Do continue this meme.

2 comments:

Raaga said...

I'm using this recipe for my MBP Street Foods :-)

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommend by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.